There is a new music listening website taking the world by storm. Ok not really, but it does look pretty cool. I'll admit, I hadn't heard about the free music program until it launched (today) in the US, but apparently it has been quite the fad in Europe for a while now. The same concept (I think?) as Pandora, it allows you to listen to music online, but their niche is music on demand, while still getting suggestions from friends and other "influencers." But, there is a catch. It is apparently a "cool kid" club and you have to be invited to join the program (or pay $4.99-$9.99/month for an actual membership). But, with me being too cheap to pay for a membership, and apparently too uncool to gather an invite, and not influential enough on the world wide web to qualify for one, I will just have to wait. If you are interested in checking it out too, there seem to be a couple ways to register/request an invite/see how cool you are.
1. Check your "influence" on Klout. - Once you are registered, and have your influence points you can go to their perks page and hopefully be cool enough to join, unlike myself.
2. Request an invite on the Spotify homepage.
Here's to hoping it's worth the hype! Especially since I am almost out of free hours on my Pandora account...
No comments:
Post a Comment