Sunday, September 12, 2010

Wakey!Wakey! & Matt Hires

Like a kid in a candy store, I always enjoy a live show.  Something about the stage and watching the music being played live, the slight variations of the songs you have listened to hundreds of times, and well the close proximity and ability to make eye contact doesn't hurt (or well maybe it does in my case, with stars in my eyes and a goofy grin, I look a little more Violet from Saved By The Bell than Kelly). Anyway, on to my point....we went to see Wakey!Wakey! and Matt Hires earlier this week at Eddie's Attic in Decatur. That was my first time at Eddie's Attic and I really enjoyed it. It is a wonderful place to go and listen to relaxed acoustic music, and enjoy dinner or perhaps some good beer. It is definitely a very initimate setting, which only made the fact that I looked like Violet and wanted to sing along all that much more obvious and awkward. Great place to sit and watch the music, not so much a sing-along dancing venue (based on my experience anyway), but still fun. I have recently become a huge fan of Wakey!Wakey! and thought he did an amazing job, especially alone on a small stage in a tough crowd that is supposed to be quiet during the show. Matt Hires did a great job as well, however his was a little more involved, as he was the headliner and had a band behind him.  I think they are both amazing artists and guys to watch out for.

No comments:

Post a Comment