Monday, October 25, 2010

I Drive A Dodge Stratus!

I'm just kidding, I actually don't drive a Dodge Stratus, but I always enjoy that SNL skit...what a classic.  I apologize to all the loyal reader(s) for my absence the last couple of weeks, but as you may have heard, Big Red (aka Red Dragon, aka the Big Red Piece that gets me from place to place - we have had a love hate relationship, basically I love her and she decides to hit curbs and break sometimes) decided about a month ago to quit playing anything out of the 2 working speakers, frustrating me and inhibiting my ability to find all the great new music and classic favorites, and thus causing me to break the law while listening to my iPod with my headphones in the car.  Ooops.  But those days are over because I finally took Big Red to get her new fancy radio (compliments of one of the 2 best roomies, Laura) installed, that's right, it's got a CD Player and auxilary input for my iPod, this is exciting stuff here guys. However, upon my return to my apartment, and enjoying the luxuries bestowed upon my vehicle, I realized that the gross smell that had been lingering in the car was not actually some food that had been (invisibly) left in there, but in fact was anti-freeze...leaking...in my motor....causing internal damage. Damn. Anyway, the nice folks at Enterprise set me up with a sweet Hyundai Accent while Big Red is being repaired this week.  It's old school and I kind of feel like I would be flattened like a coke-can if I were to get into a wreck, but despite the manual windows and removable ashtray, it does have XM radio (and the ceiling light does not fall out and hit myself or passengers in the head when I go over big bumps), which is way fancier than anything Big Red has ever had.  So tonight, while jamming out to the BeeGees and Belinda Carlisle with my window down (note just one because I could not reach the passenger seat to roll the other one down), I realized how excited I am to get Big Red back and take on the open road together, with a new stereo and an updated iPod. But for now, I have access to a variety of XM stations and all the guilty pleasures and legit stations that I have been without for so long (ok like a month but it feels much longer). I have missed so much, I must catch up!

No comments:

Post a Comment