With Big Red back up and running (or should I say the newly coined Red Phoenix as she has risen from the dead so very recently) I have been listening to a lot of the old school music on my ipod and it got me thinking about the lyrics. They are way creepier now than when I was a kid! So I decided to create my own little awards to point out some of my favorite songs I hate to love, ok well mostly just love.
Best Statuatory Rape Song:
Let Me Love You Down by INOJ - I'm sure we all remember this song, back in the day when you were listening to some Kilo or My Boo on your homemade mixtape. Yes...take another listen, and just think about the creepiness (My personal favorite "All of your friends think I'm just too young for you. So tell em I can do what girls their age can do. Oh babe...") Awesome!
Best Creepster Peer-Pressure Song:
More Than Words by Extreme - Ok so I know I mentioned this one before back when I posted about Sungha Jung, but seriously, how creepy are these lyrics? I mean don't get me wrong, I am completely obsessed with this song, and even more so with the video of the long-haired bandmates holding up lighters as the singers beat on their guitars, but still, "How easy it would be to show me how you feel, More than words is all you have to do to make it real" Sex? Yes....
Best Chester-The-Molester Anthem:
Young Girl by Gary Puckett & The Union Gap - Some of you may recognize this song from the mashup featured in Glee with Young Girl and Don't Stand So Close To Me by The Police, but on it's own, this song screams Chester the Molester, with a dab of statuatory rape. "With all the charms of a woman, you've kept the secret of your youth. You led me to believe your old enough to give me Love, and now it hurts to know the truth, Oh." I just love this song, and the fact that it is so old school makes it that much better. I can just imagine Gary Puckett (or what I envision him to look like) with a sweet comb over singing to some 14 year-old girl all dolled up. Gross. Most of his other songs hit a similar creepy level, such as This Girl Is A Woman Now and Daylight Stranger. Bahahahaha.
So, you tell me, what are some of your favorite old school creepster songs?
All I want to do is make love you you by heart
ReplyDelete